Medical Hospitality and Tourism: Strategies for Quality Patient/Guest Experiences
The purpose of this call for research presentation topic abstracts is to communicate and foster the latest developments and research findings that have impact for medical, hospitality and travel professionals and travelers globally. The Sarasota conference, will disseminate the latest research findings to leaders, managers, professionals, researchers, educators and policy makers to shape the work they do in an applied and impactful way. Research accepted will be presented at a conference in Sarasota on February 23, 2018. The conference is multi-disciplinary and will select research topics on issues relevant to healthcare and wellness providers, hospitality and travel services, operators, researchers, educators, healthcare, leaders, policy makers in the medical tourism field, medical travel agencies, insurance company providers, physicians and traveling RN’s and other professionals that provide research results that have impact and importance to their job.
The Need for the Call for Research Presentations
The field of healthcare and wellness related to the hospitality of the patient experience along with in many cases medical travel and medical tourism is growing around the world (see Cetron, DeMicco & Davies, Hospitality 2015) and there is a high need for quality refereed research specific to this discipline.
Potential Research Presentation Topics can Include But are not Limited to the Following Areas:
- Best practices of H2H wellness
- Innovation on the H2H © service experience and emotional design
- H2H Medical Tourism and wellness innovation and value co-creation processes
- Innovative design and construction of H2H facilities for delivering quality processes for patient/guests
- Strategic management in H2H
- H2H/wellness/spa operations and management
- Trends for hotels for healthcare
- Entrepreneurship in H2H, wellness and spa management
- Technology trends related to H2H/Wellness Management
- Legal issues facing the H2H/Wellness/spa industry
- Project financing in the H2H/Wellness/spa industry
- Career opportunities of H2H/Wellness/spa management
- Topics related to marketing to medical consumers and traveler
- Role of tourists in medical tourism and wellness service experience for innovation
- IT-enabled innovation of the medical tourist/patient H2H © service experience
- Employees’ involvement in the H2H © service experience innovation
- R&D practices, techniques and tools for service experience innovation
- Key capabilities for managing the H2H © service experience and innovation
- Approaches and methods for research on innovation in the H2H © service experience
- Patient/Guest Experience innovation impacts upon H2H and medical tourists’ satisfaction and behaviour
- Performance indicators for successful Medical Tourism and H2H © innovation
- Other related topics that a relavent to the theme of the coference.
Prospective authors are encouraged to contact the conference co-director Dr. Fred DeMicco by clicking “contact us” regarding potential topics of interest or any questions/suggestions regarding the Sarasota Conference. Abstracts (up to 750 words) can be submitted directly to the guest editors via the page “paper submission” by November 19th 2017. Abstracts must be concise and to the point, with appropriate references. You will be notified by December 1, 2017 should your research topic be accepted to present in February 2018.
Each research presentation abstract submitted will be subject to the following review procedures:
- It will be reviewed for general suitability for the conference.
- If it is judged suitable, two reviewers will be selected for a double-blind review process.
- Based on the recommendation of the reviewers, it will decided whether the particular paper presentation topic should be accepted for the conference
Abstracts Submissions: November 19, 2017
Abstract Decisions: December 1, 2017
Presentations in Sarasota, FL: February 23, 2018